Friday, March 28, 2014

She Didn't have time.

I forgot to update on Scarlett yesterday, so I'll get both in today.

They got her PICC line in yesterday! Hallelujah!! But we took a step back as far as breathing. The CPAP was bruising her face, so they had to remove it and put her back on the ventilator. She had to have another blood transfusion yesterday also. She finished her second round of Ibuprofen to close the PDA yesterday, and they came in today to do the Echo, and we should have the results this afternoon. I pray it is closing.

I went to Barnes and Noble today and bought 3 books to read to her while we Kangaroo. I bought "I'll love you forever," "Mama Will I be yours forever?" and "Crysanthmum". I'm excited to read them to her. I cried when I read I'll love you forever.

We got in contact with a wonderful lady named Mrs. Donna Anders a couple of days ago. She works for a organization called Operation First Response. We spoke to her on Wednesday, and yesterday she called the Hospitality House, and paid almost a month of our stay. That is a huge blessing or us and she will never understand what kind of impact that had on us, it gave us a courage boost to have that much less to worry about.

I'm also kinda getting annoyed at getting told daily I don't look like I just had a baby. Of course I don't! She was only 1 lb 12 oz and she came at 25 weeks! I had just hit my prepregnancy weight the week before I had her! I'm also kind of worried about how much weight I'm losing now. I weighed at 139 right before my discharge the day after I had her, and I weighed at 122 yesterday. I know I didn't lose that much water weight! I also started Fenugreek supplements yesterday to help with my breast milk production. I hope it works!

Also, we keep getting told how proud everyone is of how strong we are. Our caseworker for EFMP told me yesterday he was surprised at how together we had it, that most people would be falling apart right now. I told him falling apart isn't an option, and you don't really know how strong you are until you have no choice but to be strong. And anytime anyone inquires about me having any signs of post partum depression, I simply reply "Postpartum depression, Who Has time for that?"

Well that's all I can think of to tell as of right now, but like they say, "No news is good News"

Okay, so Ben isn't walking out on us, but "She didn't have time" says the feelings of how it is. I could cry, but I don't have time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_mwbCw4utI
03/27/14

No comments:

Post a Comment