Monday, May 26, 2014

Joan of Arc who?

Lately I've been struggling with finding a definitive topic for a new blog post. There's so much that bounces around in my brain on a daily basis, when I think of an awesome topic, it usually is gone before my brain can elaborate. I've got a draft saved of one I've been working on, but it isn't coming out the way I want, so I'm just going to do an update on Mighty Mouse.

*Side note* I just realized how bad I'm slacking. I looked back to see where I was in her story on my last post and realized I've only made one post for May. Oops.

Last I posted, Scarlett was 2 pounds and 13.8 ounces. What a difference a matter of weeks make! She is now 4 pounds 9.2 ounces. She was gaining weight so fast, they lowered the calories on her formula and put her on lasiks to help her body rid of excess water. They thought the reason for the excess gain was retaining water, as she had some swelling in her legs. She's a little chunker though, with chubby cheeks.

She made it around 4 days off oxygen. but because of reflux causing desats during her feeding they put her back on. She got some pretty nasty immunizations, so they had to go up on oxygen a bit to accommodate the stress it was putting her under. She got 3 different shots for her two month vaccines. The first was three vaccines in one, and then she had another the following day. She had a rough couple days after that, you could tell she felt awful. She was hardly awake for two days, with constant desats requiring extra oxygen. She was doing so miserably, I revoked my consent for vaccination, requiring them to wait a few days before giving her the last one, which was today.

But for the good news, she has now taken two whole bottles! And I missed both!! But her wonderful nurse Sonja made sure to take a picture and tell me all about it. She said if Scarlett is okay after the vaccine today, she will be taken back off oxygen tomorrow and probably into an open crib! Yay for her, because she has some pretty gnarly poops, and I feel bad for her having to be shut up in there with them!

Mommy sure is ready for her to come home! She's the most beautiful and funny thing ever! She is a little warrior!









No comments:

Post a Comment